Since the introduction of the Eco-Schools Programme in 1994 the education system and environmental awareness in England have changed dramatically. As a result, the Eco-Schools team at Keep Britain Tidy have re-energized our student led programme to ensure that it is still as MEANINGFUL and DYNAMIC for all involved.
To celebrate your amazing work and useful feedback we are very pleased to introduce our new Eco-Schools CPD; designed by schools, for schools!
Mrs Lee Wray-Davies, Eco-Schools Manager England
Former Geography/ Environmental Science Lecturer and Sustainability Manager
Various Water Authority Education Centres across England and Eco-Schools HQ in Wigan
Educational institutes from Early Years through to High School who wish to
- Register as an Eco-School
- Progress from Bronze/ Silver Awards to First Green Flag
- Staff who have inherited an existing Eco-School
- Reinvigorate their Eco-Schools involvement after numerous Green Flag renewals
Outcomes of the CPD
- Guidance on how to successfully implement the international Seven Step Eco-Schools framework
- How to engage and increase the backing of Senior Management Teams
- Practical support for the Nine Topics- sharing of best (and worst) practice, ideas for activities and projects and development of curriculum resources
- Includes a tour of the Water Education Centre and the facilities they provide to support schools
- How to complete the NEW & IMPROVED GREEN FLAG APPLICATION
- International links to the other 51,000 Eco-Schools across 64 countries
- Develop a local support network with other ‘Eco-Coordinators’ from your region
Who should attend
In order to action the content of the CPD all those who attend must be employed directly by an educational institute. This may include, although is not inclusive of: Teaching Staff, Teaching Assistants, Bursars, Senior Management, Estates and Facilities teams. School Governors are also welcome to attend as places are not limited to one per school.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing your Eco-Schools stories
You can find a greener version of pretty much everything your school uses; pencils, carpets, uniforms, energy. Here you can investigate how you can ‘green’ your schoolInteractive Eco-School