Silver Award criteria
Steps 4 and 5, working on three Eco-Schools topics
After achieving their Bronze Award, your Eco-Committee will be eager to progress towards the Silver Award, on average this will take around 3-6 months.
Step 4: Curriculum Links
- Environmental issues have been covered in at least three areas of your school curriculum; this is clearly evident in pupil’s work and/or schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Your three curriculum links can not all be from the same year group or subject area.
- Your three curriculum examples do not have to be from the same Eco-Schools topics as those chosen for your Action Plan.
Step 5: Informing and Involving
- Your school has a prominent and designated Eco-Board detailing all of your work on the Eco-Schools Seven Steps and chosen topic actions. This includes: Eco-Committee members from all year groups (with photographs if possible), meeting minutes, a copy of your Eco-Schools Environmental Review, your Action Plan, examples of Monitoring and Evaluation and your Eco-Code.
- Your Eco-Board should be regularly updated to reflect your Eco-Schools work.
- Your Eco-Committee should use a variety of mediums to help communicate their topic actions: newsletters, school website, the school’s Twitter account etc.
- Your whole school and wider community is involved in Eco-Schools work in and around the school, for example: parents/carers, local authorities, businesses, other national and regional charities, neighbouring schools and residential groups and homes.
Remember to maintain the excellent progress you made during Steps 1, 2 & 3 also!
If you feel you have met the criteria listed below, celebrate and login to your Eco-Schools account to complete the free, self-assessed Silver Award!
You can view all the questions you will be asked on your self-assessment or download a paper version to complete with your Eco-Committee by clicking here.
Once you have achieved your Silver Award more of our free resources will become available via your Eco-Schools login, to help you on your final steps to Green Flag success.