Silver Award criteria
Steps 4 and 5, working on three Eco-Schools topics
After achieving their Bronze Award, your Eco-Committee will be eager to progress towards the Silver Award, on average this will take around 3-6 months.
Step 4: Curriculum Links
- Environmental issues have been covered in at least three areas of the curriculum by most year groups; this is clearly evident in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- The three curriculum areas do not have to be from the same three Eco-Schools topics you are working on.
Step 5: Informing and Involving
- Your school has a prominent and designated Eco-Board detailing all Eco-Schools activities, including a copy of your Environmental Review, Action Plan, minutes, before and after photographs and photographs of Eco-Committee members (or list of student names if photos not possible).
- Your Eco-Board should be kept up to date.
- Your Eco-Committee could use a variety of mediums to help communicate their actions; newsletters, school website, the school’s Twitter account – be inventive!
- The wider community is involved in activities going on in and around the school, for example parents, carers, local businesses, environmental organisations, local churches and residential groups and homes.
Remember to maintain the excellent progress you made during Steps 1, 2 & 3 also!
If you feel you have met the criteria listed below, celebrate and login to your Eco-Schools account to complete the free, self-assessed Silver Award !
Once you have achieved your Silver Award more of our free resources will become available via your Eco-Schools login, to help you on your final steps to Green Flag success.