The Pod's Switch Off Fortnight
Take part in Switch off Fortnight this November, choose any two weeks in the month that suit your school
The official Seven Step Switch Off Fortnight Guide to help your Eco-Committee link #SOF2018 to your Eco-Schools Green Flag Award application.
How Switch Off Fortnight Works
Week 1- background research and campaign design
- Pupils learn why it’s important to try to save energy (Step 4).
- They go undercover and complete a school audit to find out where energy is being wasted (Step 2).
- Using the resources available on the Pod, and ones they create themselves, pupils plan a campaign that will help persuade everyone in school to try to use less energy (Step 3). At the end of this week, they put up posters and plan a weeks energy saving activity.
Week 2 – campaign activation- spreading the word!
- Pupils activate their campaign- perhaps starting with a whole school assembly.
- During the week- your school holds activities that will help everyone get involved with energy saving- e.g. rewards for the class who is the best at remembering to turn off electrical appliances and lights, when they’re not being used (Step 5).
- At the end of the week- pupils complete a second school audit, to find out how behaviour has changed (Step 6).