The Pod's Switch Off Fortnight
Take part in Switch Off Fortnight this November – choose any two weeks in the month that suit your school.
The official Eco-Schools Seven Step Switch Off Fortnight Guide linking #SOF2018 to your Green Flag award application.
How Switch Off Fortnight Works
Week 1 – background research and campaign design
- Learn why it’s important to try to save energy (Step 4).
- Complete a school audit to find out where energy is being wasted (Step 2).
- Using the resources available on the Pod, and ones you have created, plan a campaign that will help persuade everyone in school to try to use less energy (Step 3).
- At the end of this week, put up posters and plan a week-long energy saving activity.
Week 2 – campaign activation – spreading the word!
- Activate your campaign – perhaps starting with a whole school assembly.
- During the week – hold activities that will help everyone get involved with energy saving – e.g. rewards for the department who is the best at remembering to turn off electrical appliances and lights (Step 5).
- At the end of the week – complete a second school audit, to find out how behaviour has changed (Step 6).