Global Citizenship #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi 10 day challenge
Day three of the Frugi 10 day topic challenge for #EcoSchoolsAtHome and today we are asking you to get creative and think global by designing your very own eco-tees! Excitingly, today’s challenge comes with a fantastic competition – giving you the chance to win 11 amazing and ethical t-shirts from Eco-Schools friends Frugi! Download the Global Citizenship Challenge for further details and see below for terms and conditions, good luck and be quick – you have one week to submit your entry!
Did you know that it’s not just Eco-Schools in England who have been completing Eco-Schools projects at home? Eco-Schools from all around the world have been working on their own national #EcoSchoolsAtHome projects, for example our friends in Portugal Eco-Schools pupils have been making origami birds to display in the windows of their homes and schools to symbolise hope and togetherness during quarantine!
Remember, completing any of our (or your own) #EcoSchoolsAtHome projects is great evidence for our international Eco-Schools Green Flag Award, but if you are in need of some more inspiration here are some more examples of Global Citizenship topic actions we have seen carried out by Green Flag schools in England:
- Simply learn how to say hello in as many different languages as possible. Place these new ‘hellos’ around your Eco-Board as a way to let everyone know you are part of largest educational programme on the planet.
- ‘Global’ can also mean supporting your local community to become eco. Work with your existing school council to see what projects they are working on in your community and see how your Eco-Committee can help them ‘green’ these actions.
- If your school is carrying out any fundraising work to help support local, national or international charities this is perfect evidence when applying for our Eco-Schools Green Flag award.
Frugi care about people and the planet! Under their GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) accreditation, all of Frugi’s suppliers are paid a fair wage, are looked after by their employers and are treated with respect. A safe, clean and hygienic environment is always provided and Frugi insists on no discrimination in the workplace. GOTS certification is so important to Frugi they can say, with their hands on their hearts, that they truly care about the people who make Frugi clothes.
Frugi and Eco-Schools are also extremely excited to announce that from September Frugi will also be funding the Green Flag fees for up to 150 schools in England; from Early Years Foundation (3-5), Primary Schools (5-11) all the way through to Secondary and Further Education (12-18). Check out the Eco-Schools website for more information in the new school year!
Global Citizenship #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi Competition Terms and Conditions
WIN Frugi t-shirts for you & your friends!
- The prize draw opens Wednesday 8th July 2020 at 07:59:59 and closes Wednesday 15th July 2020 at 00:00:00. Entries submitted before or after that date and time will not be valid.
- To enter simply upload a photo of your t-shirt design to the online form that is linked from our Eco-School downloadable challenges.
- One winner will be chosen by an independent judge on Thursday 16th July 2020 and they will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim their prize.
- The prize is eleven Frugi T-shirts (ages 0-10 yrs).
- If a winner does not claim their prize within one week, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected.
- The closing date for this prize draw may be extended.
- Entry into this competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no physical cash alternatives are available.
- The competition is not open to employees of Frugi, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- Frugi reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Promoter: Frugi, Unit B, Hornsby House, Wheal Vrose Business Park, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0FG.