Refusing, reducing, reusing, repairing, recycling.
Waste Eco-Schools Green Flag Questions
Below are the questions you will be asked to answer (should you choose Waste as one of the three topics in your Action Plan) in the Step 6: Monitoring and Evaluation section when completing your Eco-Schools Green Flag online application form.
- How many pupils have taken an active role in recycling your school’s waste this academic year?
- How many difficult-to-recycle items does your school recycle (e.g. crisp packets, batteries etc.)?
- How many second-hand sales, or swaps, has your school organised this year (e.g. books, clothes, school uniform)?
- How much food waste (in kgs) has your school composted this academic year?
- How much (in kgs) has your school diverted waste sent to landfill this academic year?
- How many pupils have been involved in refusing, reducing, reusing, repairing and recycling projects this academic year?
If you would like to share an example of your Waste Eco-Schools project work on the Eco-Schools website click here!