Transport Eco-Schools Green Flag Questions
Below are the questions you will be asked to answer (should you choose Transport as one of the three topics in your Action Plan) in the Step 6: Monitoring and Evaluation section when completing your Eco-Schools Green Flag online application form.
- How many walk/cycle/scoot to school days has your school community participated in this year?
- How many different methods has your school used to encourage sustainable travel (e.g. competitions, informational assemblies, newsletters sent to parents, park ‘n’ stride, walking buses, improved bicycle/scooter storage etc.)?
- How many staff members have changed the way they travel to school in order to become more sustainable this academic year (car-sharing, using public transport, cycling etc.)?
- How many different methods have your Eco-Committee used to reduce air pollution around your school this academic year (e.g. hedge planting, anti-idling campaign, parking exclusion zones etc.)?
- How many pupils have been taught how to walk, bike, scoot or use public transport safely?
- How many pupils are more aware of the health and environmental benefits of sustainable transport as a result of your Eco-Schools work?
If you would like to share an example of your Transport Eco-Schools project work on the Eco-Schools website click here!