Litter #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi 10 day challenge
What better way to end the first week of the Frugi 10 day topic challenge for #EcoSchoolsAtHome than with our favourite topic here at Keep Britain Tidy, Litter!? As it’s a Friday, this task can be extended over the weekend for those home-schooling or could easily be set as an eco-homework. It links to the literacy curriculum and is a great task to get young minds thinking creatively – even better it is our second #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi challenge competition giveaway of the week! When you have completed the challenge, submit your picture, story or poem (using the link in the download) for your chance to be one of five winners of some super-soft, fun Frugi socks for your whole family! See competition details below, you have until Wednesday to enter – good luck!
Remember to let Eco-Schools know if you have found any odd littered items during your picks, we love hearing your stories and might even include your weird and wonderfully-unusual item in our next Eco-Schools Litter challenge! When you have completed our Litter #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi Challenge, why not try one of these litter projects:
- Little hands using little litter pickers helps little ones, in nurseries, to improve their hand-eye coordination. It’s also an interactive task with an environmental message that can be linked to colour recognition and basic counting!
- Adopt a space 50 or 100 meters either side of your school gate as your litter hotspot, asking pupils to measure out the distance and take responsibility for maintaining this area and ensuring it remains litter free. Make posters at either end of the marked area to let people know they are entering your school’s litter hotspot, you could even let any local residents or business know that you will also be looking after this area as part of your Eco-Schools work. Remember to keep them updated about how much (or how little) litter you find.
- Don’t forget to take part in our Keep Britain Tidy September Clean and also our Great Big School Clean coming in March 2021.
Frugi loves the planet and encourages everyone to try and protect it, whether you live in the countryside, town or near the beach, why not take a Frugi tote bag with you on your daily walk and do a quick litter pick? Let’s pull up our socks and tidy up our planet!
Frugi and Eco-Schools are also extremely excited to announce that from September Frugi will also be funding the Green Flag fees for up to 150 schools in England; from Early Years Foundation (3-5), Primary Schools (5-11) all the way through to Secondary and Further Education (12-18). Check out the Eco-Schools website for more information in the new school year!
Litter #EcoSchoolsAtHome Competition Terms and Conditions
WIN Frugi organic cotton socks for you and your family!
- The prize draw opens Friday 10th July 2020 at 07:59:59 and closes Wednesday 15th July 2020 at 00:00:00. Entries submitted before or after that date and time will not be valid.
- To enter simply upload a photo of your odd sock picture, poem or story, or the text itself to the online form that is linked from our Eco-School downloadable challenges.
- Five winners will be chosen at random on Thursday 16th July 2020 and they will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim their prize.
- The prize is Frugi socks for your whole immediately family, children & adults.
- If a winner does not claim their prize within one week, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected.
- The closing date for this prize draw may be extended.
- Entry into this competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no physical cash alternatives are available.
- The competition is not open to employees of Frugi, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- Frugi reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Promoter: Frugi, Unit B, Hornsby House, Wheal Vrose Business Park, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0FG.