School Grounds #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi 10 day challenge
We understand that some of you may not have been in school since March and others may have been back in school for a few weeks, but with things feeling very different. Over the past few months, parents have been home-schooling and our fantastic teachers have been adapting and working as best they can (maybe whilst home-schooling their own families too). We are still not sure what the next academic year will bring, but with day seven of the Frugi 10 day topic challenge for #EcoSchoolsAtHome we want to help everyone create positive personal message for their future eco-selves to read when they are back in their School Grounds. With this challenge, we are delighted to announce our third and final amazing competition of the #EcoSchoolsAtHome Frugi 10 day challenge! To find out more about winning a fab Frugi back to school kit download our School Grounds #EcoSchoolsAtHome Challenge and check out the terms and conditions below!
When you do return to school in September, why not try one of these School Ground topic actions as part of your Eco-Schools work:
- School Grounds is our most popular topic as it can be linked to so many of our other Eco-Schools topics. You could link to Biodiversity by growing pollinator friendly plants; link to Healthy Living by growing fruit and veg or link to Water by installing water butts and hippos!
- Some schools are not lucky enough to have lots of outdoor space, so they are especially creative and think about how to bring the outdoors indoors: plants for every classroom, window boxes and vertical planting. Head over to our Eco-Schools Pinterest account to find lots of interesting ways to maximise the space you have.
- Utilise your school’s grounds in your school’s curriculum (no matter how much, or little, space you have). Ask teaching staff how they could use your school grounds as a teaching resources: can music be made using nature? can a tree or insect inspire a piece of written work? Make outdoor curriculum the norm by challenging all teachers to carry out 3-4 outdoor lessons every term then build upon this year on year. Don’t forget to ask you students, they will have ideas for curriculum links too!
Frugi have everything little, planet-friendly heroes need to get back to their Eco-School! With jackets and backpacks made from recycled materials to notepads and reusable drinking bottles, Frugi have got you covered!
Frugi and Eco-Schools are also extremely excited to announce that from September Frugi will also be funding the Green Flag fees for up to 150 schools in England; from Early Years Foundation (3-5), Primary Schools (5-11) all the way through to Secondary and Further Education (12-18). Check out the Eco-Schools website for more information in the new school year!
School Grounds #EcoSchoolsAtHome Competition Terms and Conditions
WIN a Frugi Back To School Kit and a copy Alex White’s Get Your Boots On.
- The prize draw opens Tuesday 14th July 2020 at 07:59:59 and closes Monday 20th July 2020 at 00:00:00. Entries submitted before or after that date and time will not be valid.
- To enter simply complete the online form on our giveaway page and tell us ‘What has your little one missed about most about school or their normal routine the past few months.
- Two winners will be chosen at random on Thursday 16th July 2020 and they will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim their prize.
- The prize is a Frugi bundle of back to school goodies as pictured (different prints available) and a copy of Alex White’s book Get Your Boots on.
- If a winner does not claim their prize within one week, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected.
- The closing date for this prize draw may be extended.
- Entry into this competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no physical cash alternatives are available.
- The competition is not open to employees of Frugi, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
- Frugi reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Promoter: Frugi, Unit B, Hornsby House, Wheal Vrose Business Park, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0FG.